J.R. Jones started, part-time, with the Connecticut Mutual agency in Salt Lake City in 1978. Upon completion of his MBA, he was offered a full-time position as a pension administrator in the same agency in 1980. He was appointed Assistant General Agent in 1983. He has worked in all areas of the agency except full-time agent.
Currently, he is an agency Brokerage Director for MassMutual Intermountain West and has held this position since 2001. He holds the CLU, ChFC, CLTC and CFBS designations. He has served as president of the Salt Lake Estate Planners Council and Chairman of Taggart Symposium. He is the Past President of the Utah chapter of SFSP and Valley Chapter of NAIFA.
J.R.’s extracurricular activities include volunteering in his church, and with Boy Scouts of America. He is married with three children and six grandchildren.
- Life and Health licensed in Utah and Securities licensed in New York, Utah, and New Mexico.
- FINRA Series 24 registration - General Securities Principal
- FINRA Series 63 registration - Securities Agent
- FINRA Series 7 registration - General Securities
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Certified in Long Term Care (CLTC)
- Certified Family Business Specialist (CFBS)
Want to become a broker with our company? J.R. is consistently looking for individuals wanting to be brokered with our agency. If you are interested, please contact him at 801-943-6277 or JRJones@massmutualbrokerage.com.
Joseph R. Jones is a registered representative of and offers securities, investment advisory, and financial planning services through MML Investors Services, LLC. Member SIPC. Supervisory Office: 6330 South 3000 East, Suite 600, Salt Lake City, UT 84121, Phone: 801-943-6277.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck